Sunday, October 23, 2011

ABOUT SRIPAD BABA





These are collections of some of the writings and poems send in the form of letters to people. These letters have been authored by Sripad Baba and translated/compiled by Shri Gnananad- a Swiss Sanyasi and the long time associate of Baba and adept Kriya Yogi. Shri Gnananad lives in Dehradun, India and written his autobiography "Transcendental Journey" in which he has devoted about 70-80 pages on his association, journeys and experiences with Baba during the late 1950s to early 1970s before Baba founded Vraja Academy in 1978. Some of the sentences and words are not clear and require editing by experts but have been reproduced as it.
PRADEEP KUMAR KESHARI
---------------------------------------------------------------
LETTER

Kankhal
21.8.63
Immortal Saul,
So very many thanks for your kind letter to Sri Pad ji and for the five photographs. I am really sorry that you had to take the trouble of posting the same letters twice.
We too are keeping our minds absorbed in God. I am thankful to the Divine for granting me the company of pure devotees like you. My meetings and satsangs with Sripad ji on the banks of Triveni, Allahabad are some of the most blessed experiences of my life. The fact that Sripad ji has come into our lives is auspiciously kind act of him and I can only pray that his grace remains forever on us.
We spend one day at Kanpur where Sripad ji held a big satsang with a number of devotees who had been known to him since the last 3 years. I had the pleasure of listening to some stories about those devotees’ first-meeting with Sripad ji. In those days our Sripad was known to them as a Bal Yogi.
In Vrindavan we only went for darshan of Sri Bake Bihari ji, the favourite of Sripad ji. Otherwise we spent two days in seclusion at a wonderful spot which Sripad describes as ‘Ashi Brindaban’. Here we had a troubling Satsang with Sri Ramayan Pande.
My friends told me about some instances of the wonderful life of Sri Pad ji. According to them, he came to Brindaban for the first time approximately 1.5-2.0 years ago. First three days he was so absorbed in his devotion that he did not eat anything. He then walked to ovarian where he ate and then to Sri Barsana Dham. There he spent a most fruitful period of intense sadhana of about six months at Gahvar Van, a little jungle just below Man Mandir. I believe it is during this period that the new name of Sri Pad Sharan Ji comes to him. After I met him I reduced it to Sri Pad ji and that is now commonly used by everyone.
I have the honors of having him with me in my Kutia at a place on the banks of Ganga. I hope we will be here for some time. Swami Krishnananda, a great devotee of God, and others are simply charmed with the godly discourses of our saint. The reason why we love him so much is because his every act and word reminds us of the Divine and we know only well that in the Divine alone shall be found eternal peace and bliss. The experience of bliss in your meditation is your experience of God. Keep this in mind and hold onto that experience and preserve that day and night. Meditation, with holy churning of Om with devotion, will remove the veil of darkness and delusion and reveal the space of eternal light and happiness.

Yours in the Lord,

Gnananda
--------------------------------------
Hari Om Tat Sat.
Infinitude causes forth blossoming of bliss revelation. Therefore, it appears in heart paradise to establish divine play of trance revelation in aspirant. Therefore, the aspirant, who dives within by fully merging his consciousness transcendentally to become part of the divine play, sees the great miracle within him,
From the depth of lumber,
Oh, the Divine Light Diver.
Thou behold…… so that I shall
Be ready to behold thee.
Yours in the Lord,
Gnananda
---------------------------------------------------
Blessed atman,
In tontine of living of lip see appear in hearty vision of timeless, and therefore "Solution to aspirant Souls" came out as the adored feeling to the feet of divine master.
Gyananand
Mussorie
12.5.65
-------------------------------------------------

To Ambika Ji,
Dear One,
Enclosed are a few thoughts on Sadhana. Whatever we do in our life, we should consider, whether it will help us or not in Sadhana. Then only do those things which are good for the spiritual life. I left Haridwar and am now at Mussorie. In fact, I was and still am waiting to hear from you (and others) how you do plan to spend your vacations with me.
Sripad Ji was of the opinion that it was not good if I come to Panna to live and thereafter when you also could go to Himalayas, etc. Anyhow I am quite well by Pad’s grace and I hope about the same for you. If nothing happens Atman. I shall go on alone when the rains start and visit some of devotees. Then, I will come to Panna side and stay there with or without Sri Pad Ji. I have a great liking for Panna state and M.P in general because I have met many sincere devotees like you and your peaceful family.
In case you are willing to write soon then write to me:-
C/o. Sri Kripa Shankar Mathur,
“Whitefield Hall’’
P.O Barlow GanJ,
Distt: Dehradun.

Also, if you meet Sripad Ji, please do convey my pranams to him. And convey my best wishes and un-ceasing love to your parents, brothers and sisters.

Yours,

Pram ender
--------------------------------------------
Somwati Amavasai’s offerings
Delhi.
15/12/
Beloved Self,
I have received your letter on date in at the time when you are observing silence from Dhyan Mandir when I was going to Yamuna side, your letter came in my hand. In my way I was thinking on it deeply. N. handy can snatch you bliss in spite of obstacles.
How have you said that Atman is not the subject of paper? Atman will remain the subject of paper as long as paper does not become the subject of Atman. It is true that the Amite visitors can not be reproduced on paper, because Atman is beyond intellect. The same thing you who explained in your previous letter by saying that you would see me spiritually mad in your heart & then the whole den verse would merge in the same. You are also waiting for the same thing and this will only happen when you will have full realization of your self.
You wrote that your letter should be destroyed. Do you think that we should destroy your thoughts? This can not be done. I was very much pleased to read the same, so I shall keep such thing.
I do not want that I should meet you first and then separate from you. I will meet you in “Abhatie Jag at”, because I am always there. I will also let you know how much water has flown in “Samsar” River later on. After this I will not be able to write you any letter for a long time. You may however go on writing me your experiences, but do not wait for my reply.
I will send you some thing as Parmatma which you, please take. My love & heartily face are always with you. You & I are always near each Atman in Dhyan.
294/11 Babu Purwa Colony,
Kanpur
29-7-64.
--------------------

Brahman Namah
Mata Ji,
Meeting and Separation are life’s natural happenings. When the time comes then thought Him some body comes to guide. My meeting with you is a kind of example in spiritual matters, that is why God arranged our meeting and with one another.
I have given sufficient time in doing satsang with you and have given you sufficient spiritual food. Now I have to do some other important work, so I have left Rishikesh for this place, and am not certain when we will meet again. All depends upon His will.
(1) Follow my footsteps and behold my eyes.
(2) Surrender everything to God. If you have even the slightest thought of the tomorrow as to what will happen. Then it will be difficult to realize Him.
(3) Don’t worry, don’t worry, and don’t worry. Have faith on Him, because he is always with you, and see Him within you.
P.S.: We left in the evening on foot by jungle way into here and we have been praying for your upliftmen.
OM SRI PAD
Feelingful remembrance.
----------------------------------------------
Your remembrance figured on the mental plane after a considerable period of time, by virtue of which the feelings are spontaneously flowing. The dialogues through inner sensory vehicles are continuing, for which word symbols are ineffective. That is itself there!
To flow with the motion of spiritual practices is the life and this creation is known as Revelation.
No formation of ego unit may take place the personal doer – identification may go on dissolving.
The diversified streams of spiritual practices are, ultimately, benefited by “the discovery of” “I am that” and “It is no end yet….” Ram Krishna Paramhansa passed through eighteen systems of spiritual practices. Which resulted into a power pile in which all the spontaneity of the systems of Paths was merged……” are for him and he is not for the “paths”.
I don’t know whether you are at Brindaban or in readiness to leave for Maurishash.
What happened to your learning of Sanskrit? And about the contact with Pagal Baba?
I am wondering through various spaces and times without pinpointed address. Sometimes in the golden hues of Himalayas... Some times around the Sea-shores.
May the realization descend……
OM OM OM
Sripad
------------------------------------------------

The flow of divine feelings, during rainful environment, upsurges as, if He Himself weeps into tears…………. He sleeps in winter; wakes in summer weeps in rainy season and makes life in spring.
The rhythm of Ganga waves in Haridwar – leading to the confluence of many inseparable souls…… though momentary, but creator of divine joy.; then followed the call to move towards Chitrakoot – passed many living moments through peace – tranquility and mysterious planes of existence. – then in the heart of Vindyachal – at Panna – rains – intensity of in-going, during which your spiritual remembrance writes so many of unwritable communications
OM OM OM
Sripad
---------------------------------------------
Mind continue it’s chanting, feeling, thrilling, with the Divine chant of the Eternal, every where in every thing, changing how mysteriously Divine, Meditation.
Meditations; concentrating development of the phenomenon of the life being. Now I am mingling into Meditation; and my feelings….. My all innermost love catching all the words and makes use rather puts me into deep silence. Pranam again and again Pranam…
The evening is approaching and again morn raises Pranam, Praname….
A day of happiness will come when Shri Padji, Uma, Yogamaya and Radha will meet during meditation time….
Now you stay in your own place at Saharanpur. I do not know what is the will of the Divine.
If inner heart and inner call in future tells me I may come to see you and Yogamaya as well others too. Please wait for my next letter.
Now the bus will be coming as it is 7 O’ clock in the evening. We are going to Ram Van near Madheve Ghur; convey my silent feeling to Yogamaya. Shri Pad remembers Sachdeva, Radha.
Inner heart and inner call tells you within to be once more together. For it is our Atman great desire to be together and do the meditation for realization.
OM
---------------------------------

From the Shiva Temple near Mirjapur Dave to love.
Dear Atman,
I hope that you are well and happy. Today I have come here with Shri Padji. I am writing you from the Temple.
-------------------------------------
The One in all.
And all in one.
To with us in all.
To know the Knower.
See “Him” in all.
The movement with God the highest e.g. renunciation. “SHANTI KI POOKAR REDUHERE KAI DATH ABHIA SUMADHI KI DHYAN WHE PRUTIMA HAI, ITS MAI ATMA KA PRENAIYAN SHREE JUN HAI.” In feeling the peace from the within together with it different Samadhi dharyanas ways are their. In which Atman’s one in tune with his self is their.
SHRI PADJI just repeated these words. I think you are always thinking about us.
Oh! Jananananda dear Murshid why don’t you make us one in tune with you.
Why are you struggling within your self for us? Forget it.
Become your natural form from of your meditation.
Relation between liven and loved is the silence heart’s recall, retail into its call. DHYAN KAI BHAITURESAI bubbles spring up. Oh! How for consciousness is going away inner most within.
--------------------------------------------
To: Sri Umanath Sukla 07/08/1969
My Dear One,
To get human life is very difficult. Secondly to get satsang with Mahatma is still more difficult. Lastly, to get urge towards God is very very difficult. To get this the aspirant will be tried out in all ways; he has to develop the vairagya day by day and finally come to the stage that he wants Him and Him only. Till that time the bodies ordained play would be continued and no human being can stop it except God. Thus the question arise what we have to do? Detaching from worldly things and increase our determination or urge to want Him and Him alone, who is all pervading. So, the Abhyas of looking for Him within oneself and everywhere has to be done. Only look at That and That alone. The biggest Mantra is “I am not the body;” I am That. This is to be practiced and applied in our day-to-day life. When dead body burned into ashes at cremation ground, we say that body is no more. Yet, what is left behind is Mind with its life long tendencies (Vasanas). Therefore, to be free from the bondage of birth and death, Mind and its life long tendencies are to be removed. This is in other way called purifying the mind.
Then how to purify the mind? Perform actions without any result whatsoever. Do it for God’s sake or on behalf of God. No doer ship. Chant God’s name and concentrate on that alone. By doing this one cultivates the habit of having one thought i.e. the Divine thought. When this is developed, a stage will come when there will not any thought and mind will reach to a state of thoughtlessness. In this state of mind, aspirant enjoys the bliss.
What is bliss? It is nothing but Shanti or peacefulness of mind. Yet, the pity is that we ourselves are upsetting Shanti, which is our real nature. Due to ignorance, the mind and ego, are dragging us externally for happiness where there is no happiness. Therefore, we must train the mind to detach itself from external objects and turn inwardly.
To achieve this purpose, each and everyone is born and grow in this world. But, the moment one takes birth, the ego overpowers him completely as a consequence he wastes his entire lifetime. When a man/woman is convinced about this play of Maya, he will escape from the same and avail the opportunity of his lifetime to reach the Divine.

May God bless and guide you towards Divine. OM

Swamiji
--------------------------------------------------
From:
Sripad Baba,
C/o Pandit Sadasiv Rath,
Raghunath Library,
Ammar Matt,
Puri, Orissa
Poem-1
What I am and what I am not
What I am not that I am
That I am what I am not
He is aware of that and aware of that
Only aware of God or Parish
Not Parka the nor Parish (God)
These two are aware of him.
Presence of
Poem-2
Phenomenon (Parthian the & Parish)
Presence of Provoking in Phenomenon nor Parish and Pork the
Presence of no phenomenon Parish and Procure the
Also that philosophy (call of the heart) is it not so?
Perhaps of it is so that the whole thing will make you.
In spite First to get real eyes then to realize.
Not by mere classical plenty not through that.

Poem-3
DWELLING IN CONSCIOUSNESS

Before the dawn rose the music rhythms of instrument
Sung by Gods which the time of all awakening
Boundless sound of silence tuning inspiration
Springs-up echo of life and joy
The song which sung in symphony of divine
Vastness surrounding merged in consciousness hearty feelings
Revealed in visions hence forth the tuning tumult
Attainment state of mind to the awakening being
Feelingful effacement consciousness bliss ever ceaseless
Oh! Life giving celestial melody
I heard before the dawn rose and sang by gods
Now the phenomenon of sun rose to the horizon of for east
Glamour’s innumerable rays sprinkle by colorful vision
Moments of time gone to make haste with fresh mind
To the journey of immense therefore mute atmosphere
Spell in silence is not the time to be stand still?
Therefore dormant mind awake and arise
Recall to the retrospection memory within
Immerse consciousness glorifies in you
Thou art the Amrit immortal being and the whole universe.
Rouse up with fresh consciousness
The path which is too complicated ---------------------

“In the hand of meditation” I get my spiritual memory”.
Who gives in the hand of meditation, and who gives my spiritual memory?
and who is finding that hand of meditation and is feeling his spiritual memory? How do you know?
Atma is one, feelings are one, only in the realm of heart and intellect there is a difference.
Therefore when heart and intellect merge into the ever full Atman then what is to be seen?
That is the subject of thinking!
_________ in meditation.

Allahabad.
10.9.64

Poem-4

Oh! my Saul, where are you to be found? With a collected mind I am diving into the vastness of my self
When all the glamour of the world does not give me any more satisfaction
Whenever thing of support proves fails and when find myself deprived of help and hope.
Alas! When expectation itself laughs at me and shakes all my faith and itself laughs at me and shakes all my pain and belief in the Reality of this world…….
It is then that the name reveals its sweetness and may lift one up by bestowing upon me the mined world of blissfulness.
Discovering the hours honest of my soul happiness. I learn to measure henceforth all experience of the world with the measurement of mines light and bliss.
Love in all its showy forms would now native from the manifold division – creating mani fastness and mentioning steady and even pavers in up rest dedications at his teeth whose name now is never led to me.
Such love we call the silent love. It is the magnitude power of the heart by which everything is controlled.
Will is the loves own Commander, serving the interests at love. To be in tune, in harmony with the Silent love is the essence of all spiritual life.
Oh Lord, may you live to me my immerse secret life.

Poem-6
Unmukte Hassi Hass Do Bhagavan
Sri Pad Baba
Smile sweetly from the heart within a smile that breaks all bonds of sin.
Every moment I am in Expectation of your secret history’s wondrous Revelation a story that opens floodgates of hears and makes Ganga flow in eyes…….. Such loved moments of anguish existence why are they passing like a fleeting dream.
Smile sweetly from the self within a smile that breaks all bonds of sin your Path alone leads to external light is full of thorns shape pinching a might yes for me you graciously covered it to kind with celestial flowers that every where I find.
Smile sweetly from the self within a smile that breaks all bondage of sin.
In stillness of heart my feelings are annoying foul feelings welling up within are trying to touch you, to be you, my dearest and Dear.
Smile sweetly from the self within a smile that breaks all bonds of sin.
O Lord (Guru), Give a smile from the self within a smile that breaks all bonds of sin.
Lift up the veil that blinds my mind tear part apart the kinds that bind knowing my feelings why don’t you use you art that will bring Nectar into my heart?
Smile sweetly from the self within a smile that breaks all bonds of sin.
You my lord have given me life, a lifeless life of toil and strife.
Pray’ pour forth a shower of blessings honey sweet promising me rest prefer at your holy feet. I long to hear you sing your song Divine harmoniously resounding from my soul’s shrine.
Smile sweetly from the self within a smile that rends all the bondage of sin.
All thoughts of time have left thought swallowed up all moments yet mind lacks peace you still so far why have I not awaken to you call?
What is this life of mine if only pain it be I no compassion and kindness there for me?

2 comments:

  1. One day Baba Sripadji came back from
    Lucknow and shared with me the poem
    he had written there along with a tape-recording by a grand musician,
    along with his family,musicians all!
    "Un Mukta Hasi Hasdo Bhagavan!
    Uchin karo Ura badhan ko!"

    I have finally found a way to share
    this very old tape-recording of 1974.
    I have put it on a film clip
    ( of Banaras, though) and kept it
    on view in my YOUTUBE Channel: "Radhema".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you give me a link to your "Radhema" Channel please! Thank you for all postings!!
      Radhe Radhe

      Delete