Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sri Umanath Shukla, January 11, 1970
Rly. H.S. School
Bareilly (UP)
Dear Atman,
I am obliged for the letter that you wrote to me. The delay in replying is not intentional but it seems God-willed, because many a times I thought of replying but it could not be done.
So Madras is now what Bareilly was two years back I mean to say that just two years back the devotees of Bareilly were fortunate to get Sat –Sangh with Sripad ji Maharaj in the same way in which you are having at present. I do not know where Sripad ji is these days, but wherever he may be, he will always be with us in our core of thought. Strange as it is, he some times appears to me to be a person with mysticism personified. Sometimes, he appears to be abnormal – beyond reach, sometimes as normal as possible and more practical than most of us. Sometimes he appears to be an ordinary human being and sometimes I have given him the treatment that I give to my ordinary students. These are many fold facts of his great personality.
Dear friend, the foremost desire that I cherish in my life is that God may give me power so that I can take my pen to write some thing about him, but for that “Sadhana” is required, I do not know whether this desire would ever be fulfilled. People misunderstands Sripadji Maharaj by his so called dirty bearing but Sripadji Maharaj is the only being who himself alone can give one the power to understand himself. In October last I was in Madras and along with Vishwanathan of 6 Besant Road went to Sri Gaudia math in search of Swamiji where I found that one of the monks there perhaps misunderstood Sripadji Maharaj. He began saying that dirty looking medicant- not knowing English I could not relish this and immediately retorted that Sripadji knows better English than masters of English and came back. You please contact Mr. Vishwanathan of Besant Road and remember me. So Sripadji a great believer in intuition and mental telepathy has served to be a common link between you people in the South with we people in the North. It seems we are really brothers. Hari Smaranam. Please convey my pranam to Sripadji.
Yours brotherly
Umanath
Shri R. Gnanaprakasam,
41, Ramanujam Iyer Street,
Chennai -21

No comments:

Post a Comment